Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people and planet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to project staff and client regarding regulatory and company compliance requirements and other matters pertaining to health and safety at various Superfund Sites or other regulated remediation project sites.
- Maintain and update site-specific environmental, health and safety compliance programs, including but not limited to: Energy Control Procedures, fall protection/working at heights, Permit-Required Confined Space and entry permits, HAZWOPER Health & Safety Program, atmospheric monitoring and associated instrumentation, NFPA 70E, Respiratory Protection Program, Job Safety Analyses, Safe Work Plans (permitting), Hazard Communication, Point of Work Risk Assessments, etc.
- Champion site safe observations and close call reporting and lead safety initiatives based on safety events and observations submitted.
- Conduct site specific safety assessments/audits and identify corrective actions. Work with site team to close open action items.
- Contribute to the incident evaluation process, provide guidance to managers and site personnel, and ensure completion of resulting preventative measures.
- Periodic site visits to other client locations in New York, and Connecticut to ensure adequate H&S support.
- Interact with client as the H&S representative of the supported projects.
- Track, manage, and administrate KPI data for H&S reporting.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health or safety.
The list of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 5-10 years direct experience in occupational health and safety.
- Degree in safety science or related professional certification (ASP, CSP, CIH,) preferred.
- Functional knowledge of occupational and industrial safety standards to include OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, HAZWOPER and OSHA construction safety
- Competency in Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, Control of Hazardous Energy and hazardous material management.
- Experience in industrial systems, site remediation and electrical safety (NFPA 70E) preferred (working proficiency with P&IDs required).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms. Strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to organize data and processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and effectively make decisions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 15% to other supported locations.